Man oh man! I’ve made it an ENTIRE 2 weeks through my 80 Day Obsession meal plans and workouts. I can’t say I haven’t snuck a few chocolate chips here and there. I’ve decided you have to pick your internal battles.
But I am proud of myself for staying away from wine/alcohol so far!
Me and my husband absolutely enjoy a drink here and there – including on the weekends while watching football! So this is a big win. He’s not doing the program with me but I told him the only way I’ll be able to stick to it is if he does it with me. I’m so proud of him!
So, the meal plans I push out are the previous weeks meal plans I use. I wanted to do it this way so I could try out the recipes myself before saying “Hey, try this, it sounds good!” because sometimes recipes don’t turn out the way you plan. And these recipes are typically things I’ve never made before (or at least made the “80 day obsessed way”).
8:00AM – Meal One (breakfast)
Cottage cheese with fruit and peanuts. I used 1 red container, 1/2 purple (frozen peaches), and 1 blue for the peanuts. I LOVE fruit – so I wanted to save some for the rest of the day. Also, I may or may not have cheated a little with the peanuts. They say one serving is 14 peanuts instead of actually filling the blue container up. I’m sorry, I went ahead and used my container for this one. I just really love peanuts!
11:00AM – Meal Two (lunch)
I made up my own taco bowl for this one. I used 1 red, 1 green, and 1/2 of a purple on this one. I sauteed some veggies in various Mexican spices (cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic) and ate those with shredded chicken, and homemade salsa. The veggies I used for this were onion, sweet peppers, and zucchini!
3:00PM – Pre Workout Meal
Quinoa black bean salad and 2 hard boiled eggs. Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVED this recipe and will be using it again and again. If you have a Beachbody account, this one is a Fixate recipe. It’s essentially a mix of quinoa, black beans, corn, and peppers with a dressing mixed in (if you want the recipe, comment below and I’ll send it to you). The dressing was DELICIOUS and went so well with the southwest feel of the salad. The dressing was a mix of vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, sea salt, and black pepper. I had some leftovers I didn’t use during the week that my husband snacked on last night. HE even liked it! I used 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 tsp.
4:30PM – Workout
6:00PM – Post Workout Supplement
Vanilla shake with frozen fruit. I bought a huge HUGE bag of frozen cherries, blueberries, strawberries, and kale. I’ve been blending that in with my almond milk and shake powder. So good and refreshing after that hard workout!
7:00PM – Post Workout Meal
All of these meals count as 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, and 1 tsp unless otherwise noted.
- Italian meatballs with grandma’s tomato sauce and whole grain noodles. This was a Fixate recipe also. Great meatballs, and yummy homemade sauce! I was able to have 5 meatballs, 1/2 cup of whole grain noodles, and 2 TBSP of sauce over top. I may have had a little more sauce that 2 TBSP but we’re not sweating over it! I think next time I may half the sauce recipe. We have a lot leftover (even after my husband took more for lunch one day).
- Egg roll in a bowl. I was so SO happy to come across an 80 Day Obsession approved version of this dish! Me and my husband LOVE making egg roll in a bowl. The asian spices and flavors cook so well with the vegetables and ground turkey. You wouldn’t even know it was turkey by the time you finish cooking!
- Chicken Marsala with potatoes, roasted broccoli, and mushrooms. INSTANT POT ALERT! This recipe can be made in the Instant Pot OR on the stove top. The Chicken Marsala only counts as 1 red and 1/2 a green. So on top of that I boiled some baby red potatoes. I then laid them on a sheet pan and smashed them. Next I topped those with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and baked them for about 10-15 minutes. I also oven-roasted some broccoli to round that vegetable count up to 1 green.
- Baked tilapia with asparagus and sweet potatoes. I used my fixate cajun rub on my tilapia before baking it for 15 minutes at 425. I roasted the asparagus and sweet potatoes on a sheet pan for about 30 minutes at the same temperature. The asparagus I tossed with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. The sweet potatoes I tossed with olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Leftover beanless chili with a slice of Ezekiel Bread toast and peanut butter. We had this chili on Sunday and had quite a bit leftover. Unfortunately, I made it a bit too spicy so my husband wouldn’t eat the leftovers. One night he worked late so I said, “leftovers it is!”. This recipe counts as 1 red and 1.5 green. I decided it would be okay so I only had 1/2 of my night time snack. It definitely beats wasting that much good chili! I in turn added the piece of toast with PB to take it to one yellow and one tsp. I love bread and peanut butter..so even though it may not go with the rest of the meal I don’t really care all that much.
8:30PM – Meal Three (nightly snack)
I struggle with my nightly snack. STRUGGLE. Because I workout in the afternoon after school, I eat dinner later. Which leaves me eating this snack even later. Typically sometime between 8:45-9:15 (I’m usually in bed by about 9PM…I just can’t stay up late!). Some nights I’m hungry. Other’s I cannot eat another thing! To be honest, last week I ate my nightly snack probably half the time. BUT, for my nightly snack I planned a cup of fresh tomatoes/cucumbers mixed with a little salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. This counted as 1 green and 1 orange.
These meals work for Meal Plan A! Hopefully some of them come in use for you. 🙂 Now to start planning my personal meals for next week!